Thursday, November 20, 2008

The first test?

So today, after weeks of unseasonably warm weather, it actually looks (and feels) like November -- cold, gray, drizzlie

During the time I'm on the computer every morning, the dog usually alternates between patrolling the back yard to "supervise" the construction workers in the field beyond and laying in the front window in the sun to watch the kids go to school.

This morning after a brief trip around the yard she joined me at the computer as if to ask me if we were going to have to put up with this stuff for long.

I share her dismay

As I have said many times, I don't really like winter -- which is really not quite true -- I love the pretty days -- the sun on fresh snow, everything sparkling like brand new days -- but I don't like the gray, and I don't do well in the cold.

In fact, when I had my annual visit with the doctor recently I asked her about the "gray wall of winter"

And so, for the last 2 weeks I've been taking a daily dose of St John's Wort, which was her recommendation for a "homeopathic antidepressant" -- I'm hopeful that it will do the trick

I guess today is the first test

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I'm not much for gray days either.

It takes a few days for St. John's Wort to work and also getting the dosage right. You might do a web search on it.

Nancy G said...

The other herbal stuff I told you about is Siberian Rhodiola Rosea. Just do "the Google" on it and you'll find numerous sources of information. Of course, Wiki is always a good place to start. :-)
And apparently the source is important; the Chinese grown stuff supposedly doesn't work as well.