by Jason (see his blog at http://clarityofnight.blogspot.com/) here are some little known things about me.
Five Little Known Facts About Me
1. I taught myself to play the piano. I wanted to be able to play Moonlight Sonata, so that is where I started. At one time I actually could play it all the way through. (its been a few years, and it would take a lot of practice to get it back)
2. When I was in high school I wanted to be a fashion designer. I worked for a while with two guys and made outfits for rock bands. I wonder sometimes where I would be now if there had actually been money for me to go to college and pursue this.
3. I have only 2 or 3 memories of my mother before I was 5 even though I remember a lot of things clear back to when I was 2. I spent most of my time with my grandmother (my mammy, as I called her), and she had a profound impact on my life -- teaching me to sew, knit, crochet, cook, iron, and all those other "girl things" she also taught me to love flowers and poetry. At one time after her death I had a dream about her that was so vivid I could actually feel her touch. (ah, a truly mystical experience)
4. Most of the time when I was in school I felt I had more in common with the adults than with the kids my age.
5. The dream to be a published author has been with me since I was about 10.
And there you have it......there are probably at least 5 more, but some things are better left in their dark little closets!