Thursday, September 17, 2009

R.I.P. Mary

when I was a teenager I was more a fan of folk singers than rock and roll

even though I listened to the Beetles, I loved passionately the music of Peter, Paul and Mary

and although at that time in my life I didn't have the financial means to buy the albums, I listened to the radio and knew the tune and lyric to almost every song

so when I heard this morning that she was gone, I felt very sad

I'm really glad that we have all of those wonderful recordings of her reminding us that we have a social responsibility to those around us who are less fortunate that we

R.I.P.

1 comment:

Travelin'Oma said...

I have every album. Of course, I don't have a record player anymore. Slowly I'm collecting the CD's. I love PP&M. I've told my family that if I'm ever in a coma I want to listen to their music because it will calm me, give me hope, fill me with love and touch my memory and bring me back.

They said it all, beautifully. Thanks for this tribute post.