Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fall's coming....

I know that anyone that can read a calendar knows that, but you can feel it in the air here.

Yesterday we mowed the lawn in the back yard and planted some grass seed in the bare spots that had developed back there earlier in the summer.

While the mowing was going on, I was cutting up some of the branches of the lilac bush we had taken out.

It was warm, but not like summer warm...something cooler about the air even tho' the sun feels warm.

At the end of the working we could sit on the porch and talk about the projects we need to do next like replacing some of the trim on the tool shed and getting a coat of paint on it before the snow season starts. I'll probably have to repaint the door on the storage shed too....

Its nice tho to be able to work outside without fear of sunstroke....

I like fall. I know its the end of summer, but it has always felt like a beginning too, and I think that may have to do with our training as children....the fall was the beginning of school. This year fall is the beginning of new projects too.

So, I'm watching now for the leaves to start falling off the trees....

2 comments:

Bev said...

actually, I got a can of $24 paint for $5 and it had a $3 mail in rebate....can't beat $2 for a gallon of exterior quality paint!

That was the local Lowes deal....

Anonymous said...

I like fall, too, partly BECAUSE it's the end of summer (let me count the ways I hate hot weather!), but also because it feels like the beginning of so many things. School, yes; I still get a craving to at least buy some new pens or something, since I don't think the kids should have all the fun. But also the start of cool weather comforts, like making soup, baking, wearing sweaters and homemade wool socks...
Well, I should probably quit before this turns into my own blog entry!